Time is flying by and I have some serious catching up to do! I've tried to capture a little of the last 5 months before I forget it. Its been a crazy time. I've started and attempted this post a dozen times. So finally....
August:
Weston: 6 months
At 6 months Weston is just that much more mobile. A master at getting into things. He is such a happy smiley boy. He is sweet and such a joy to be around. He is almost impossible to get anything done around anymore. Hard to do housework, or work work at home. Naps are still a struggle. He sleeps best in my arms, or napping with me. He still gets up 3 times a night, but the second or third time I give up and bring him into bed with me. I'm just too tired and let's be honest, I love to snuggle.
September:
This was a hard month. I went back to work, with Weston a little more than 6 months old. I was SO lucky to get so much time at home with him! He did awesome at daycare, which made it easier. Sending him to "school" when he was sitting, crawling, and cruising was so much better than leaving him when we has helpless and immobile. Going back to work was OK. Nice to have some adult time. But... at the beginning of August I was contacted my Tesla and asked to interview for the position of Senior Architect at Tesla's Gigafactory in Sparks, NV. Normally, I would ignore a job offer in another state, but this was Tesla. And the Gigafactory is planned to be the largest building in the world when its complete. So, out of curiosity I said OK, pretty certain nothing would come of it. After a series of phone interviews they flew me out for an onsite presentation and series of live interviews. Each step turned into the next one and by mid September I had an offer for them to relocate our family and start a new career and a new life in Nevada. It is one of the most painful decisions I've ever made. But it was an opportunity Jason and I agreed we needed to take. We only had 4 weeks from the offer to pack up our whole life as we knew it before I was expected to start my new job. We wrapped up our jobs, and tried to cram in as much San Diego life and friends and family as we could before we left.
![]() |
| Last Beach Day |
October:
Weston: 8 Months
![]() |
| Hudson- 3.5 years |
Halloween
Outing at Scheels- This is one of our favorite places to go in Sparks. It is a HUGE sporting goods store with so many fun indoor things for Hudson to do, and... gelato to finish off a day of fun!
Our temporary home in Sparks- We rented a place sight unseen. It turned out to be a great location, with an amazing view! We love it, as much as we can. But, we hate renting. We are trying to enjoy our temporary home and location, but can't wait to eventually be in our real home.
November:
We will forever miss beach days as long as we're in Nevada, but.... we have SNOW days! They are a little colder than beach days. But, pretty fun. Hudson LOVES sledding. And snow ball fights. And well, just the snow. Weston, is not yet a fan. OK, he kind of hates it. But, I am sure in a year or two these boys will have great fun playing in the snow together.
December:
We will forever miss beach days as long as we're in Nevada, but.... we have SNOW days! They are a little colder than beach days. But, pretty fun. Hudson LOVES sledding. And snow ball fights. And well, just the snow. Weston, is not yet a fan. OK, he kind of hates it. But, I am sure in a year or two these boys will have great fun playing in the snow together.
![]() |
| Hudson and Katelynn- aka #Kateson |
Christmas was a lot of fun this year. With Hudson super excited about gifts and Weston's first Christmas, plus getting to spend it with the grandparents. It was nice being back in California and getting to see family and friends. It was hard to leave and go back to life in Nevada. Hudson misses all his friends, and I do too. We miss our Carlsbad culdesac and the support system we had there. It will take time to re-build our lives here.
Weston 10 Months:
At 10 months, Weston is walking! The week after Christmas, right after we got back home, Weston took traded in crawling for life on his feet. It's been so fun watching him get him footing and build his confidence. And it is so darn cute to watch! Also, at about 10.5 months Weston finally slept through the night! It's not consistent, but sometimes 3 or 4 times a week! The other nights he gets up once around 3am, drinks a bottle and goes right back to sleep. This is a HUGE improvement for Mom! My quality of life has improved now that I am finally getting more than 2-3 hours of sleep at a time.
Home Update:
All of our finishes and options are selected! Now we just wait as they build our house. They are on week 2 of framing and already have the first and second floors underway. Its really exciting to see it come together, and hard to believe that in time this will be our home! We are really looking forward to having a home of our own again, and feel like once we get moved in we will finally be able to start growing some roots here. Its hard to really find a sense of belonging here when so much of our lives right now feels "temporary" with much of our stuff still in boxes and knowing that we will be packing up and moving to a different city in some months.
![]() |
| Backyard |

















































Congrats on your new job and home! I don't know when I'll be up for traveling with this new baby, but Sparks is only 6 hours away from us -- that's nothing ;) It was so fun to read this update since I wasn't able to travel and see you guys before you left!
ReplyDelete