So, I don't know if it's life with two, or just life lately that has been so crazy busy. There's a lot going on, like all the time! I think if time speeds up anymore I'm going to start to actually feel the gravitational shift. HOW has it already been 5.5 months since we brought Weston home!? Just how?
OK... I have some catching up to do.... Here's a recap of the past few months:
At Three Months:
Loves: Hungry Caterpillar, being walked around
Now he is: Rolling Over both ways, gaining mobility, very smiley and interactive. Started crawling at the end of 3 months.
Sleeping: Still 3-5 hours at a time at night, 30 min - 2 hour naps during the day (Not consistent)
![]() |
| 3 months |
![]() |
| Watching TV together |
![]() |
| 3 mo- here comes the personality |
![]() |
3 mo- so fun and happy
|
![]() |
3 mo-starting to explore
|
![]() |
| 3.5 mo |
![]() |
| 3.5 Mo- will not stay in his chair |
![]() |
| 3 mo + 3 weeks- what I wake up to |
| They love each other |
At Four Months:
Loves: Hungry Caterpillar and Mickey Mouse Club, watching his brother and the dog, playing with Mommy or Daddy
Now he is: So, so mobile! Crawling with tummy on the ground and tries all 4's, just doesn't quite have to coordination to move his hands and feet at the same time. Can sit propped up or for short periods by himself.
Sleeping: I should just erase this part. It's not getting any better :(
![]() |
| 4 mo |
![]() |
| 4 mo + 3 weeks- fully crawling |
![]() |
| First Plane Ride |
![]() |
| Trouble Maker! (4 mo) |
At Five Months:
Loves: To climb everything! Crawling, getting into everything, chasing the dog, watching his big brother
Now he is: Crawling quick! Pulling up to a stand and trying to balance, trying to stand in the middle of a room, but hasn't gotten it yet. Eating pureed foods & baby cereal.
Sleeping: Please say a prayer for me. This is NOT getting better. Maybe worse. Trying to sleep train. Sleeping in his crib. Up every 2-3 hours.
![]() |
| 5 mo- pulls up to a stand and climbs everything - helps himself to his brother's toys :) |
![]() |
| 5 mo- sitting/ Crawling transitions from sit to crawl on his own |
![]() |
| 5.5 mo- Furniture cruisin |
Because he's my second child, I would have preferred him to stay an infant as long as possible. I would have encouraged Weston to be a late bloomer. Just lay in my arms a little longer, wait a bit longer to crawl, sit, walk etc. But... the opposite couldn't be more true. Weston was an infant for about a week. After that he was determined to grow up at warp speed. Before 4 months he was crawling. Granted it was uncoordinated and involved a lot of face plants. But within a few short weeks he had it figured out and mastered. At about 4.5 months he was pulling himself up to a stand. Frustrated that the only way to get down was to crash, he continued that fiercely until he had that mastered. At 5 months he's cruising furniture and refuses to stay off his feet. I can only imagine it will be a short time before he figures out the walking thing. This is amazing to watch, but also kind of heart breaking. He is growing and changing so fast and I am sadly missing those few short days of having a newborn. I love this sweet, talented little guy more than I can even begin to describe. Life with 2 kids is just that much sweeter. I LOVE my boys!
Hudson
Hudson continues to do great. He is getting to be such a good swimmer, and loves swimming in Grandma and Grandpa's pool. He can jump off the diving board and swim across the pool without a life jacket or any help. We still do swimming lessons when we're not too busy, but haven't been too consistent this summer. I've taken the opportunity to do some fun things with him this summer while I've been off of work, like zoo trips, LEGOLAND, and SeaWorld. Its been nice to be able to go places in the middle of the week! He's the perfect age to be a big brother and loves Weston. They're starting to be able to interact more each day and it's pretty fun to watch. Hudson has been taking a summer drama class at school twice a week, and next week is his big performance! I love that he's trying new things. He's been begging to start karate, so looks like that will be next.




























Hey, at least you have pictures of Weston...my parents say that Chris broke the camera and that's why there's only a handful of pictures of me as a baby/toddler. We second children learn to deal with it (therapy is involved, just kidding. Ha!)
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable smile he has! Heart-melting!!