Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We're Pregnant!


I found out Saturday, August 24th, I was 5 weeks to the day

 Jason was out of town and I had been out running errands while people were viewing our house.  I went down to the mall to get some pants hemmed and when I tried them on I noticed they were much tighter than they had been a few weeks ago when I'd first tried them, which was weird since I had just weighed myself that morning and hadn't gained a pound.

It had been 57 days since my last period, but I wasn’t concerned because I’d been having some issues in that department.  I was looking forward to a night of girly movies and wine while Jason was away and my subconscious told me I should just stop and buy a test, just to ease my mind.  So I stopped off and bought the cheapest test the pharmacy had (no reason to spend too much since I knew I wasn’t pregnant).  I took it first thing when I walked in the door.  The instructions say “wait up to three minutes” so I set my timer and when I looked at the stick 15 seconds later it already indicated I was pregnant.  But that couldn’t be right.  That’s what I got for buying the cheapest test they had.  So 5 minutes later I was in the car on my way to a different pharmacy, where I bought the most expensive test. As soon as I got home I repeated the process, only to find the same result.  I was in fact PREGNANT!

The next 24+ hours lasted FOREVER as I eagerly waited for Jason to come home and relieve me from this huge secret.  I spent the day with Jason’s Aunts and Uncles and cousins, paying extra attention to all of the kids running around and thinking about our new addition to the mix.  It was so hard not to tell everyone since I was dying to tell someone.  That night as soon as Jason got home I showed him the picture above.  He turned to me and said “Does this mean you’re pregnant?”


No comments:

Post a Comment