At Four Months:
Our little guy just gets bigger every day. It’s amazing how much he changes each
month. He is currently still very
excited by his feet and has discovered he can get them into his mouth
(yuck). He’s becoming more coordinated
with his (assisted) sitting, standing, and ability to move around/ roll
around. He loves to splash around in the
bath and plays with/ mostly chews on his toys.
He’s interested in grabbing everything and once he’s gotten a hold of
something he promptly sticks it in his mouth.
And he is still just too cute and soo sweet!
Weight: 14 lbs 6 oz (23rd percentile)
Height: 26" (80th percentile)
Still Loves:
Ceiling fans, lights, tummy time & being held/ cuddled, Blankets, bouncy chair, rolling over (and over, and over...), grabbing his feet, TV
New Loves:
Bath time splashing, putting EVERYTHING in his mouth :-)
Hates:
the car :-(
Now he is:
Rolling over every which way, putting his feet in his mouth, making new noises
Sleeping:
He took great to sleeping in his crib at night. He hasn't been back in our room since we moved him over, although these days I wish he would just sleep in my bed again. I never know what kind of night I'm in for. Some nights he only gets up once, other nights I spend more time in his room than in my bed. Those nights are especially painful now that I'm back at work :-(Back to Work and Off to Daycare:
Alas, our precious time together has come to an end. The day
he turned 4 months old I returned to work and this week Hudson started
daycare. Currently he is attending
daycare Mon-Thurs and Jason and I are alternating staying home on Friday’s so
he always gets a “three day weekend.”
This makes the situation slightly more tolerable. I will say that it has been a difficult
transition, I think both for he and I.
It will take some time to adjust.
There is lots I could say on the subject and the struggles that I have
been battling but I think it is perhaps too soon to talk on the subject. It has been emotional and exhausting to say
the least. I’ll follow up on this
subject next month...



Addison still puts her feet in her mouth (yuck!) so you may see this behavior for many years :) Good luck with this transition -- we've been through many transitions like that. Complicated emotions for sure.
ReplyDelete